Buyer's Guide: FAQ About Beds
- What kind of bed frame will RAISE my bed?
- What kind of bed frame will lower my bed?
A Low Profile Bed Frame or Low Profile Bed Rails will help
lower your bed.
If you don't have a headboard or a headboard ONLY
(with no footboard), you can choose one of our
Low Profile Bed Frames.
- How can I attach a footboard to my existing bed frame?
- Can I convert a full size bed to a queen?
- Can I convert a queen size bed to a king?
- Can I convert my twin size bed to a full?
Unfortunately, there is no converter to convert a twin to
a full size. Why? There is too much difference in width
between a twin and a full size bed: 16". The overhang would
be 8" on each side, which would not only look a little weird,
but there would be no good way of making it stable enough
to support full size bedding. (Full to Queen size conversion
works, because the difference in width is much smaller,
only 6", so there are only 3" overhang on each side, which
is practically unnoticeable.)
- Can I convert my 3/4 size bed to a full?
Unfortunately, we do not know of an easy
converter that will convert
3/4 bed to a full. If you opt to use the headboard ONLY,
you can use mod-adapt
to adapt your full size bed frame so that you
can attach the 3/4 size headboard. If you really want to use the headboard and the footboard: It is possible to convert a 3/4 bed so you can use full size bedding on it, but it requires several different parts. You'll need a full size bed frame for headboard and footboard
. Then you'll need two sets of mod-adapt headboard
plates to bridge the distance between the two sizes. Then to convert to hook-on (if the bed is hook-on), you'll need two sets of bed hook adapters
- What are the standard bed sizes?
Twin: 39" X 75"
Twin Extra Long: 39" X 80"
(3/4): 48" X 75"
Full (Double or Standard): 53" X 75"
Full Extra Long: 53" X 80"
Queen: 60" X 80"
King (King): 76" X 80"
California King: 72" X 84"
- How can I attach a hook-on headboard to my metal bed frame?
You can use our
bed hook adapter kit
. These attach easily to your bolt-on
headboard brackets and allow you to hook-in to your headboard
without having to use your footboard.
- How can I fill in the gap between two twin mattresses?
- What center supports are available for beds with wood bed rails?
- What center supports are available for beds with metal side rails?
- Do you sell replacement bed frame feet?
- Do you sell replacement bed frame wheels or castors?
- How much does shipping cost?
For many items on our website, the cost of shipping is included
in the price of the item, if you are in the lower 48 states. Alaska and Hawaii, it
costs more to ship to you. We do not ship mattresses out of our local delivery zone.