The Serta Elite Mattress Protector
Our son is nine-years-old. Even after he was out of diapers, he never wet the bed. We were very lucky! Yet I always protected his bed with my favorite protector, the Serta Elite Mattress Protector. Thankfully! While he never wet his bed, our cats, on more than one occasion, hopped right on his bed and used it as a litter box! I was always amazed that little protector kept the bad stuff from seeping through.
The Elite Protector is very thin, no thicker than a bed sheet. It doesn’t add bulk to your bed and won’t change the feel of your mattress. This is especially important when you use it on memory foam mattresses like Serta iComfort or TempurPedic. Using a thick mattress pad on those types of mattress can take away from the feel of the mattress. The Elite Protector fits snugly on your mattress. It is super easy to wash and it dries quickly.
This protector also comes in an encasement. We recommend the encasement for people who are prone to allergies. A Serta Elite Mattress Encasement helps keep dust mites and other allergens out of your mattress.
Mattress protectors help you avoid soiling or staining your mattress. This is important for your warranty. A good mattress protector like the Serta Elite Mattress Protector also helps your mattress last longer. Any sort of moisture, even small amounts of nightly sweat cause the foams in your mattress to break down over time. A mattress protector creates a barrier, protecting the foams inside your mattress.
To Clean Urine Off Of A Mattress:
- Use a dry towel to blot the remaining moisture. Do not rub, just pat the area until you have removed the excess liquid.
- Sprinkle baking powder on the area to soak up the rest of the moisture.
- One website recommends using Percil Bio washing detergent or you can mix one part vinegar to one part warm water to make a cleaning solution. Put the solution in a spray bottle, and spray on the affected area of your mattress. Let the detergent or vinegar solution sit for 5 minutes.
- Gently blot the area using a clean towel. Then using a dry towel remove any excess moisture. Do not rub. Rubbing the area will only cause the smell and urine to go further into the comfort materials of your mattress.
- Sprinkle again with baking soda.
- Allow the mattress to dry thoroughly, overnight, if possible.
- After the area is completely dry, vacuum the baking soda.
Now that you’ve cleaned the mattress, your next goal is prevention
The most Googled mattress question is “How to clean urine off of a mattress”. It is a common problem, but a very preventable one! That’s why we have mattress protectors. Some people worry that a waterproof mattress protector will make a crinkling noise or change the feel of their mattress. Not so with the Serta Sleep To Go Mattress Protector. It’s very light and soft and it DOES NOT CRINKLE. It’s amazing. There is also a mattress encasement made from the same materials if bed bugs or even allergies are a concern. A mattress protector is not only recommended to stop urine from making contact with a mattress, but to keep the mattress warranty valid, it is required. Mattress warranties require there be no stains on a mattress if there is an issue. When you purchase a protector you’ll be safe from sweat, urine, blood and anything else that may ruin a mattress. Here’s a link to a video review of the Serta Sleep To Go mattress protector.